Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dishing for Dana

Well, I've definitely been slacking on writing regularly. I have no good excuse. I'm really going to try harder!

However, for today, I'm going to post about Dishing for Dana.

Dana runs The Broke-Ass Bride, one of the sites I read pretty regularly now that I'm planning a wedding. Dana has an autoimmune disease called Uveitis. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to live with such a disease.

Dana is putting together a cookbook to raise money to cover her current medical costs and insurance premiums for the rest of 2011. 10% of all proceeds will go to the American Autoimmune Related Disease Association. Additionally, any funds raising above her goal of $22,000 will be split 50/50 with the AARDA.

I just donated, and my mouth is watering from all of the delicious looking recipes!

Go check it out at Dishing for Dana!

(and I submitted a recipe for Jamaican Banana Bread which is phenomonal...hopefully it will be posted soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment